Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blessed,and Blessed, and Blessed Again

Supper with Ryder:

  1. We FINALLY are all seated at the table, with plates of food, drinks, eating utensils, napkins, and all necessary sauces.
  2. Ryder: "Got to Praaay."
  3. Daddy: "Yes, do you want to say the prayer."
  4. Ryder: "Uh-huh; I put my poon right here" and he lays his spoon on the table.
  5. Begins prayer: "Oh (or Heavenly? not really sure) Father, thank you (words left to be interpreted by the Holy Spirit) food (more words) Amen.
  6. Mommy and Daddy praise Ryder for saying the prayer, and everyone takes a bite.
  7. Ryder puts down spoon, "Got to praaay," and he folds his hands up close to his eyes and prays again.
  8. Mommy and Daddy laugh at their sweet little boy.
  9. Another bite.
  10. Yes, you guessed it, another prayer : )
Our humble hamburger helper was the most blessed of all meals. And it's not like you can tell your almost two year old that you've prayed ENOUGH, so we bow our heads and are so thankful to be waiting for Ryder as he blesses our meal and our lives again, and again, and again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging! I feel like I have a window into your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. made me smile...on a MONDAY morning...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love that boy! He did thank God for boots?! What's with that? You are going to be so thankful that you have a blog to write all of this stuff down & I am b/c I get to read it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they just so precious in their innocence? We've been through similar situations with Ethan and Austin. So Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. I love your comments!